The County Government of Kitui has laid down plans to introduce and roll-out County Health Insurance cover (CHIC) for its residents with taking effect this month,
The programme targets the elimination of financial constraints in the access of health services to the residents through increased health care services and facilitating pocket friendly charges for the same.
The residents will bw required to register for the said Health cover in order to receive essential curative and rehabilitative health services in all Public Health Facilities across the county for free.
In order to implement the CHIC Programme through sound regulatory framework, Governor Ngilu’s government has prepared draft regulations and with respect to *Article 201 in the Constitution of Kenya 2010* which insists on openness, accountability and public participation in public affairs, the county government has vowed to largely let its residents take part in the process.
The County government has invited members of the public, private sector, interested parties and all key stakeholders for submission of proposals or memos for consideration during the preparations of the above-mentioned regulations.
Hard Copies of regulations are available in all Sub-county administrator offices and a copy of the draft regulations has also been uploaded at the County website www kitui.go.ke The schedule for public participation is as follows;
- Kitui South -Mutomo Social Hall 22/1/2018
- Kitui Rural -Kyusyani A.C.K Church 23/1/2018
- Kitui East -Zombe AIC Church 24/1/2018
- Kitui Central -Kitui ATC Hall 25/1/2018
- Kitui West -Kabati Pot County Hotel 26/1/2018
- Mwingi West -Migwani AIC Church 29/1/2018
- Mwingi Central -Mwingi Central Sub County Hall 30/1/2018
- Mwingi North -Kyuso Youth Polytechnic 31/1/2018