The Machakos county governor Dr. Alfred Mutua has condemned the meeting being held today with the agenda of forging for Akamba Unity saying that the meeting does not reflect unity in any way.
Speaking in an official press relrase by the Maendeleo Chap Chap Party, the party leader said that MCC advocates for Genuine Unity meant to bring development to the people in the region and not Fake Unity meant to entrench supremacy Battles.Here is a section of the press statement:
We have been hearing of a meeting ostensibly convened for Akamba unity to be held near the border of Machakos and Nairobi at Komarock tomorrow, Monday, April 2nd, 2018.
As a party, we wish to state our position regarding the said meeting: –
1) We support all efforts which will genuinely unite our people towards an economic agenda but we are not interested in meetings meant to elevate a few to negotiate for positions and money using the name of the Community, as has happened in the past.
2) From our understanding, the Komarock meeting is an affair of one of the WIPER party factions.
3) The organizing committee, the program being circulated on social media and all communication bear WIPER party logos and colours. How do those of us who are not in WIPER expected to attend a function where we were not given opportunity to contribute during planning? A genuine Ukambani Unity meeting should not be a political party affair.
4)When he appeared on Musyi Fm morning show recently, former Senator Johnstonne Muthama, who has arrogated to himself the role of Convenor, spoke against the Leadership of Maendeleo chap chap and clearly said Wiper did not want any participation by Maendeleo Chap Chap leaders in this meeting. That, we believe, is why MCC Party leaders have not received an invitation to this Wiper meeting.
5. We have also heard about supremacy wars in WIPER. It’s no longer a secret that Mr Muthama’s real but hidden intention for calling WIPER delegates to his Komarock farm is to set the ground to TOPPLE Gov Prof. Kivutha Kibwana from the Chairmanship of WIPER. As Maendeleo Chap Chap, we don’t want to be caught up in these Wiper Party affairs.
6. Genuine unity dialogue for our community MUST be led by Genuine brokers. The current talks are not inclusive and are led by interested and partisan parties. It is clear from the agenda circulating on social media that the meeting is also meant to entrench the supremacy of an individual and not really about the community.
6. MCC proposes unity discussions which are not led by politicians and which take a multi- partisan approach. Maendeleo Chap Chap recommends a body made up of respected religious leaders and elders to spearhead and run the process of such a meeting. The meeting should be preceded by consultations by the conveners with all senior Ukambani leaders (elected, former elected, community leaders etc) to agree on location and agenda items.
7. All political parties which have presence in the region must be part of a REAL Unity and Development meeting.
8. We urge the WIPER faction which is meeting, to go ahead and hold its Wiper Party meeting and to STOP calling it a Kamba unity meeting. As far as we are concerned, it is a Wiper party affair meant to hoodwink and exploit the Kamba Nation.
9. Lastly, we wish to reiterate that Maendeleo Chap Chap is not party to the Komarock meeting for reasons stated above BUT we are ready to take part in genuine unity talks which put Mwananchi first.