Three children burn to death after house catches fire

0
83
Fire consuming a house/the star
Fire consuming a house/the star

Three children perished on Thursday night after fire broke out at their home in Mutitu in Kitui county.
The children aged two and half,five and seven years had been left locked home by their mother.
The incident was confirmed by area assistant chief Christine Kalunda who said that the mother of the children had left the three asleep to go pick a parcel sent by her husband from the stage.
“The woman had locked the house from outside before the tragedy struck,she had left a lantern on which caused the fire”, She said.
” She took two hours to return from the stage and when she came back she found the house going down in flames”,She noted.
She said that when the fire started the children struggled to open the door to no success before they died.

Neighbours who rushed to the scene were unable to salvage anything from the raging flames.
The bodies  were taken to Mutitu hospital mortuary.
Kalunda issued a stern warning to parents withe tendencies of leaving their children locked in houses to beware since such tragedy may occur.

ALSO READ:  Msinichome aki, Mwingi witch cries

 

Ends

 

 

Facebook Comments