SINOHYDRO HELPS CONTAIN MARKET FIRE, SAVES LIVES AND PROPERTY.

0
443

Tuesday October 30, 2018

Sinohydro Corporation, the Chinese company undertaking construction works for the upgrade of Kibwezi-Mutomo-Kitui (A9/B64) Road to bitumen standards was at hand to rescue traders and shoppers at Maluma market when fire broke out in one of the shops yesterday.

The fire was reportedly caused by a cooking stove that burned near a petroleum oil jerry can inside one of the shops whose owner was lucidly oblivious of the dangers it posed.

“it was in the process of cooking that the stove burst into flames” an eye witness said

Sinohydro corporation employees who went on with road works near the market responded swiftly with a water truck to contain the fire from spreading to nearby shops and buildings and bythe time county government fire fighters arrived, the situation had been contained.

Locals said the quick response from the sinohydro workforce helped rescue some goods from the shop besides saving lives and further destruction of property in the small shopping center along Mutomo – Kitui road.

ALSO READ:  Mwingi passengers curse ongoing matatu crackdown

“The fierce fire would have consumed all five shops in the lane where the particular shop was burning were it not for the help proffered by sinohydro corporation workers” an elder in the market said.

A top Sinohydro corporation official said the company will always come to the rescue of local residents when called upon to assist in line with its corporate social responsibility obligations

Facebook Comments