By Martin Masai
Kitui, December 7,2017: KITUI Governor Kaluki Ngilu today forwarded names of 11 nominees for positions of Chief Officers to the County Assembly for approval.
The list is a mastery of the balancing act, laced with consideration for energetic, qualified and experienced professionals with capacity to seamlessly work with newly appointed County Executive Committee Members to take Kitui forward and sustain the already established momentum.
The governor has also chosen young people to drive her agenda. Out of the 11, seven of them are in their 40s, and two in their 30s, indicating that energy will be a key component of her administrative tools.
In nominating the team, the governor appears to be heeding advise given to her by Church leaders two weeks ago that “ No King governs without the counsel of the wise ”. Accordingly, she has settled on well educated professionals rather than cronies so as to reap maximum benefit from education.
In nominating the officials, Mrs Ngilu informed Assembly Speaker Hon George Ndoto in a memo that the nominations were guided by requirements of the Constitution Article 179(2)(b), and the relevant sections of the County Government Act No17 of 2012.
She has notably tapped on the experienced Kenya Red Cross Society official Mr. Kioko Kiilu. Mr Kiilu is instrumental to the roll out of Kitui’s Ndengu Revolution and is seen as a strategic outreach to rope in individuals who can add value to her administration.
Once approved, they will join a team to deliver on her five pillar manifesto of Food and Water, Healthcare, Education and Youth Development, Women Empowerment and Wealth Creation.
The full list of nominees is as follows;
1. Dr Richard Muthoka- Health and Sanitation
2. Ms Agnetta Mwikali Peter- Education
3. Geoffrey Mulinge Changangu- Youth Development
4. Ms Margaret Mwikali John- Trade Cooperatives and Investments
5. Mr Enoch Kimanzi Nguthu- Department of Finance
6. Mr Benjamin Kioko Kiilu- Environment and Natural Resources
7. Mr Christopher David Kitonga- Land, infrastructure, Housing and Urban Development
8. Ms Agnes Kawila Mulewa- Governor’s Office
9. Mr Bernard Katungi- Department of Administration and Coordination of County Affairs
10. Mr Godfrey Kimanzi Zakayo- Tourism, Sports and Culture
11. Mr Justus Kalii Makau- Economic Planning