In a Move to solve the perennial insecurity issues in Kitui South, Kitui East and Mwingi North, Kitui Senator, Hon Enoch Wambua Kiio has sought answers from committee on National Security, Defence and foreign relations regarding the banditry attacks in Kitui County.
In Pursuant to Standing order 48 (1), Senator Kiio is seeking a statement from the standing committee on National Security, Defence and foreign relations regarding the banditry attacks in Kitui County that have led to killing and maiming of residents of Kitui East, Mwingi and Mwingi North constituencies by alleged camel herders.
In the statement, the committee should:-
1. Explain the circumstances under which Mr Mulatya Munyau Isuko was killed by camel herders on Sunday, September 8th 2019 at Ikandani in Mutha ward;
2. Explain the circumstances under which a teacher at Kalambani primary school, Mr Jonathan Ngau was speared and injured at I go in Mutha ward on Saturday, September 7th 2019;
3. Explain the circumstances under which Mr Mwendwa Mutuku was shot and injured at Ingo in Mutha ward on Saturday, September 7th 2019;
4. Explain the circumstances under which Mr Katuku Kieti was accosted and hacked by camel herders on September 30th 2019 at Ndaluni village in Mutha ward;
5. Provide names of the owners of the said camels and their herders, explain why they have not been apprehended and state when they will be brought to book;
6. Explain the measures that the Government is putting in place to end this decade-long menace and stop the killing maiming of people