Catholic Diocese of Kitui – Caritas Kitui is currently looking for a qualified candidate to fill in the position of a Logistics and Procurement Officer.
Under the Caritas Director and with direct supervision of the Deputy Caritas Director, the Logistics and Procurement Officer will work with a team to provide effective and efficient support through the lifecycle of projects and programmes. He/She will also be responsible for ensuring policies and procedures for all diocesan institutions, meet minimum standards against the diocesan secretariat standards threshold.
Closing date: 15th November, 2019
• Ensure that procurement is done is in a cost-effective manner, transparent and that it meets the international standards and norms of procurement.
• Ensure that all procurement in the Diocese is carried out according to Diocesan rules and ensure that the Diocese gets value for money.
• Ensure that all procurement by the Diocese meets the donor regulations
• Ensure that all assets are physically labeled and assets are added to the asset register
• Ensure asset officers in each location update the FAR and carry out monthly spot checks along with finance or project representatives.
• Maintain the inventory records and ensure they are accurate and up to date.
• Liaise with management on contracts for suppliers and services and ensure the same are executed in a timely manner.
• Organize for delivery schedules into the warehouse with the suppliers and ensure fairness to all.
• Receive all incoming supplies and ensure correct quantities, quality and correct documentation.
• In charge of health and safety for the diocesan institutions checking for fire safety, organizing for fire drills, electrical and working environment safety checks.
• Oversee any maintenance and repair works within the Diocesan Premises.
• In-charge of fleet and stores management.
• Any other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
• Bachelor degree in business (logistics or supply chain Option).
• Post-graduate diploma in warehouse, will be an added advantage
• Minimum of CPA part 2 qualifications
• Minimum experience of 2 years in procurement and logistics
• Be a member of a registered supply chain professional body
• Excellent planning and organizing skills be commercially astute with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Possess good industry knowledge and experience of government supply chain processes and procedures
• A certificate of Good Conduct – MUST
• A recommendation from Religious leader – MUST
• Must be a conversant with catholic social teachings
Qualified and interested candidates may apply online: firstname.lastname@example.org
Letter addressed to
Human Resources officer,
P.O. Box 300 – 90200
NB: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted