Our Lady of Protection Museve Shrine, a jewel in Kitui is set for Inauguration.
Museve Shrine is located in the county of Kitui 9km from the city of Kitui.
As the world continue with new year’s celebrations, Catholic faithful prepare and thank God for accomplished project.
With the help of many christians & other well wishers. Among them is the Museve Our Lady of protection shrine!
“A jewel in Kitui, that will be a source of spiritual power for many! May Mary guide us in 2020” Archbishop Anyhony Muheria stated
On 14/4/1939, Fr Peader of the Holy Ghost fathers came to Museve with one and the only student they had in Kabaa High school from Kitui; Gregory Malinga Kathenge. As a result of the visit, Museve School was built and opened in 1940 and the first ever Mass said there that year by Fr. Witte from Kabaa accompanied by Gregory Malinga. This was the first Mass to be celebrated in Kitui.
Importance of the Shrine
- The Shrine will strengthen the faith and bring together the people of Kitui since they will be having regular opportunities of visiting the shrine and pray for their needs and the needs of our Country.
- Since our Diocese is under the Patronage of Our Lady of Africa, it will help all faithful of the diocese to become more Marian.
- It will provide the adequate setting for the first contemplative sister’s Monastery.
- It will come to meet the great Yearning of Our people to channel their devotion to Mary, and materialize their recourse to her. We fly to your protection, Oh holy mother of God.
- It will attract more people from other Dioceses and so in return this will strengthen the relationship of our diocese and the other dioceses.