The Kitui County Government of Kitui under and H.E governor Charity Ngilu has called on all residents including those in towns to observe the directives by the Ministry of Health in the fight against COVID-19. The governor has reiterated on the importance of following directives in the Public Health Act on consistent washing of hands to prevent the spread of the Covid – 19.
In this regard the county government has put in place designated points to aid in public hand-washing across Kitui town.
The designated points include:
1. DC Junction
2. Mosque Mjini
4. Kwa Muthui Kiosk opp County Assembly
5. Total2 – Caltex
6. Assistant Chief’s Office
7. Bus Park Entry
8. Bus Park Exit
9. Opp. Kunda kindu(outside the bus park)
10. MULLEYS Supermarket
11. Opp. Corporative Bank
12. Kunda kindu Bus stage
13. Kalundu entry Mutuni road junction
14. Kalundu Matinyani Stage
15. Kalundu near opp clothes market
16. Kalundu cabbage area/Musonoke
17. Kalundu kwa John Mwaura area
18. Kalundu Riverside Bodaboda stage
19. Outside Barclays Bank/TETI Pharmacy and many more other points within the town center.
Kitui residents have been urged to utilize these points as well as the observation of other directives from the Ministry of Health.