No More Sand harvesting In Kiromboko Site, Orders Police Commander

0
529
Makueni Sand Harvesting

Mwingi Central Sub County Commander has temporarily banned the sand harvesting operations at Kiromboko site in Mbondoni.The termination holds until an agreement is reached between the environment officer from the County Government of Kitui and the area MP Hon. Charles Nguna on how the exercise should proceed for the benefit of all parties involved.The two are set to meet and solve the issue by Monday this month.

In the meeting, the SCC had summoned the sand harvesting groups’ officials to revise Kiromboko Sand Harvesting exercise where numerous concerns pertaining sand scooping and ferrying were raised and discussed in length.The meeting was convened to scrutinize the matter as the SCC had earlier promised on Monday.

Also on discussion was the issue of GK lories where the two officials said they hired them from the ministry of public works of Kitui and Makueni.

In attendance were Mazingira Transporters&General Supplies officials to shed light on the legality of their operations.The Chairman Mr Charles Kilonzo David alongside the Treasurer Mr Kongo Mbaavu brought the documents issued to them by the county government legalizing their hand scooping operations within the county.

ALSO READ:  Talanta lazima zikuzwe nchini, Musambi

Also on discussion was the issue of GK lories where the two officials said they hired them from the ministry of public works of Kitui and Makueni.

During the meeting, it was noted that the previous registered groups which was benefiting was Kiromboko self help group,their chairman Mr. Mbilo,and Tana and Athi Rivers Development Authority and the WIKA Self help group, chairman being Mr Savali.

Facebook Comments