Kenyans were all smiles after president Uhuru addressing the nation on the state of the raging COVID-19 as well a possible lock down. It was a relief to kenyans when the president stated that the much anticipated lock down will not be imposed.
However, the following are the directives issues by the president in his state of the nation address of Monday,July 27:
- Curfew remains in force for 30 days
- No sale of alcohol in restaurant and eateries effective midnight for 30 days
- All bars to remain closed until further notice
- Withdrawal of licenses of bars found in breach of this closure
- Ministry of Health protocols to be reinforced in public gatherings especially in funerals
- Government facilities shall be availed to MoH for isolation and quarantine purposes
The president further said that the Economic Health of the country depends entirely on how Kenyans as a people deal with the pandemic. He also called on all citizens to be their brother’s keeper noting that imposing yet another lock down and/or partial cessation will not suffice.