Mobile banking is a term used to refer to systems that allow customers of a financial institution to conduct a number of financial transactions through a mobile device such as a mobile phone or tablet. While,
Online banking, also known as internet banking, e-banking, or virtual banking, refers to carrying out banking operations on the Internet.
For safe and secure mobile banking.
- Always install banking apps only from official stores such as Google Play Store or Apple Store.
- Avoid using banking apps on free, unsecure Wi-Fi networks available in cafes, airports, hotels etc.
- Secure your phone with a password or Pin.
- Use a reliable mobile security application.
- Never store banking details like banking information like Login ID/passwords, credit/debit card number etc. on your phone.
- Once done always Logout. Avoid clicking options like “Remember me” or “Keep me logged in”.
- Avoid clicking links or opening/downloading attachments that come with unknown/unexpected emails or SMSs.
- Don’t send personal information via SMS (text messaging); Never disclose via text message your personal or financial sensitive information.
- Make each account password strong and unique and avoid reusing them.
– KE-CIRT More tips can be found here:https://www.ke-cirt.go.ke/index.php/bulletins-and-guides/