Maendeleo chap chap party has withdrawn from Machakos Senatorial race.
This is coming after the statement issued by H.E. the President today, calling on friendly political parties, to find a peaceful, amicable and uniting way forward during the upcoming by-elections.
Party leader and Machakos Governor, Hon Alfred Mutua heeded to President’s call .
“As Maendeleo Chap Chap Party that supports the handshake and the Building Bridges Initiative, we believe that:
1) Unity is essential to fast track development and alleviate poverty.
2) We have to end the culture of divisive and winner takes it all politics.
3) Regarding Machakos, we believe our candidate has the best chance to clinch the Senate seat on Thursday, March 18th, 2021.
4) Maendeleo Chap Chap Party supported the re-election of President Uhuru Kenyatta and in the spirit of consistency, we support his development agenda and the political stability of the Nation.
5) In this regard, so as to ensure that the National Unity Agenda succeeds, and that detractors such as UDA, do not get an opportunity to roll back the achievements so far, we have decided the following:
a) Maendeleo Chap Chap Party extends goodwill to the President, to Rt. Hon. Raila Odinga and other B.B.I partners by withdrawing it’s candidate from the forthcoming by-election.
b) It is our expectation that in the same spirit, our partners will reciprocate our goodwill.
c) Finally, to our supporters, we know you have been ready to unanimously vote for our candidate and we thank you. This is a strategic and tactical decision made in the best interest of our members, supporters and our future plans.” Mutua stated in his statement