Kitui County Public Service Board (CPSB) is a body corporate established under Section 57 of the County Governments Act, 2012 pursuant to Article 235 of the Constitution of Kenya 2010. Section 59 of the County Governments Act 2012 outlines the functions of the CPSB among them being “appoint persons to hold or act in offices of the County public service including in the Boards of cities and urban areas within the County and to confirm appointments”.
Section 45(1)(a) of the County Governments Act, 2012 further mandates the CPSB to competitively source and recommend qualified and experienced persons for nomination and appointment as County Chief Officers by the Governor.
Pursuant to the above constitutional and legal provisions, Kitui CPSB invites applications from qualified persons to be considered for the positions outlined below
- COUNTY CHIEF OFFICER, JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 02’ (S) TWELVE (12) POST
- DIRECTOR, HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT AND DEVELOPMENT JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 03’ (R) ONE(1) POST
- COUNTY SOLICITOR JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 02’ (S) ONE(1) POST
- DIRECTOR, SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 03’ (R) ONE(1) POST
- DEPUTY DIRECTOR, RECORDS MANAGEMENT JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 04’ (Q) ONE (1) POST
- MUNICIPAL MANAGER, MWINGI MUNICIPALITY JOB GROUP ‘CPSB 04’ (Q) ONE (1) POST
for a detailed advert, Click Here
The salary, allowances and other benefits attached to the above positions will be as determined by the Salaries and Remuneration Commission.
How to apply:
Each application should be accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of relevant academic and professional certificates, National Identity Card or Passport, testimonials and other relevant supporting documents. Applicants for Chief Officers’ position should indicate the County Ministry of interest.
Applications should be submitted in a sealed envelope with the position applied for clearly marked on the left side and either hand delivered to the reception desk at the Kitui CPSB offices on Prisons Road, Kitui Town or posted to the following address:
The Board Secretary,
Kitui County Public Service Board,
P.O. Box 33-90200, Kitui.
Important information to all applicants
- Applications should reach the Secretary, County Public Service Board on or before Tuesday , 25th May 2021
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates MUST meet the requirements of Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya on leadership and integrity and will be required to produce clearance/compliance certificates from the following agencies:
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Credit Reference Bureau
- Directorate of Criminal Investigation