The One Kenya Alliance (OKA) principles have laid out tough rules that ODM leader Raila Odinga must abide by in order to join the alliance.
This comes in the wake of the forthcoming meeting between the One Kenya Alliance principals with president Uhuru Kenyatya this weekend.
According to Ford Kenya’s Moses Wetangula and his counterparts Musalia Mudavadi, Kalonzo Musyoka, and Gideon Moi of AN,.Wiper, and KANU respectively, the ODM faction has a tendency of dictating almost all the aspects of a coalition.
In order to form a coalition with them, the ODM party must promose to satisfy the following conditions:
- ODM is not allowed to field candidates in the Ukambani region. All the three Ukambani regions will be solely contested by Wiper party and none of the One Kenya Alliance affiliate parties will compete in the region.
- Not to field candidates both in Bungoma and Trans Nzoia. The two counties will be left for Moses Wetangula to front Ford Kenya candidates in Bukusuland against UDA.
- ODM will not field candidates in Kakamega county. The county will be equally infested by ANC’s Musalia Mudavadi and Ford Kenya’s Moses Wetangula. the two will field the candidate(s) of their choice depending on the way they’ll agree.
- ODM should avoid Busia and Vihiga for Mudavadi.
- ODM and Raila Odinga will only join OKA as an equal partner and not as a superior party.
- ODM and Raila Odinga will support one of the four OKA principals for presidency.
ALSO READ: One Kenya Alliance has no agenda, DP Ruto